Opportunity to connect
- Organisations including EDF Energy, Rolls Royce, BAE Systems and Hitachi GE form part of an internationally renowned advanced engineering and aerospace cluster.
- As Europe’s largest construction project, Hinkley Point C nuclear power station is delivering huge opportunities and supporting the region’s transition to Net Zero. This builds on our history of low carbon energy generation, which has employed thousands of skilled people for generations.
- The South West is home to globally recognised tech clusters in robotics, digital and low carbon technologies.
- The region hosts the largest silicon design cluster outside America and is a recognised powerhouse of electronics and computing in industry and academia.
- The National Composites Centre leads the way in developing materials used across all facets of modern life – transport, energy, healthcare, defence, communications and leisure.
- The region has one of UK’s the largest cyber security clusters outside London, which has strong links to GCHQ in Gloucestershire.
- This is supported by strategic transport infrastructure assets including Bristol Port, airports at Bristol and Exeter and the motorway and rail network, offering connectivity for trade, work and leisure.
Opportunity to learn and grow
The Universities of Bristol, the West of England, Bath, Exeter and Cardiff are regularly ranked amongst the UK’s and Europe’s best higher education institutions.
Bridgwater & Taunton College is a top class further and higher education provider. It is the principal delivery arm of the National College’s southern hub of the and houses the University Centre Somerset. It has exceptional track record of working with businesses to recruit and train a workforce at scale.
Creating opportunity at Gravity
At Gravity, we are making huge strides in preparing the site to enable the delivery of a smart campus. A live lab and test bed for innovation, we are working with partners to explore the potential of 5G to enable and manage trade along the M5 motorway serving the region. And we are working with partners including E.ON, Cellnex and Stantec to push the boundaries of sustainable solutions and finding new ways to innovate.