The Gravity team continues to work across many workstreams to ensure that the site is ready for mobilisation and implementation of a large-scale advanced manufacturing facility. All workstreams listed in our Summer 2023 Look Ahead document are still ongoing.
Our primary update is to notify local communities that in accordance with our planning permission that on on-site works will be taking place on Saturdays 8am-6pm across the month of October, from Saturday the 7th through till Saturday the 28th.
Saturday working (7th, 14th, 21st, 28th)
- Due to fluctuating weather conditions throughout the year, Gravity aims to maximise the use of the remaining fair weather.
- All on-site activities strictly comply with Condition 2 of the planning permission ref: 42/22/00007. No work is being conducted within 500 meters of any residential property.
- Somerset Council is fully informed about the temporary adjustments to the working hours on-site for October.
- No HGV deliveries or imports are scheduled during these days. Work will be halted if weather conditions are not favourable.
- Ongoing processing of onsite materials
- Breaking up of concrete in the ground and cutting and filling to achieve plateau levels
- Site preparation activities remain ongoing
- Site maintenance works comprising site security, road cleaning, grass mowing, fence repairs are continuing as required.